Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I heart DC

Yesterday a lot of bad shit happened.  

Yesterday my piece of the bad shit pie happened at the hospital.  The surgeon came in to the room with absolutely no idea what my situation was.  At this point my head is behind a curtain and I am barely able to breath let alone see a damn thing.

The surgeon patted himself on the back as said - 'I'm sure its just a clot.'  When no one spoke up to correct his ass so I decided this was going to be a participatory surgery.  I told him that I received a Cathflow in the ER the night before and it didn't solve the problem.  He then did the push pull test again and realized he was a dumb ass.

So he puts a wire in my chest as a place holder of sorts.  He then removes my 1st PICC line.  Yes, I got so many lines we have to number them.  


A nurse examines my 1st line while the surgeon begins to place my 2nd line.  PICC lines are cut to fit each individual.  This surgeon decides that despite my 1st line being 22, my 2nd line should be 20.  He yanks out the wire.  Then stitches the line into my chest, and with a great sense of accomplishment tells me I am done.

This is when my chest pains increase.  The nurse does the push pull test and realizes no blood is coming back.  My monitors start making a beeping noise.  The X-ray is turned on and all I can see is a wire moving in my chest as if it was going to electrocute someone.  The surgeon called this a 'dancing line.'  Well fuck you and your lack of rhythm buddy.

The stitches were cut.  The wire was placed back in my chest.  The 3rd PICC line was placed.  It was stitched in to a new spot on my chest.  Guess how long the 3rd line was?  22.  Dip shit.

When the curtain was removed from the front of my face I immediately saw red.  PICC lines have a loomen at the end.  For 6 weeks I have had a single loomen.  That is what my doctor ordered and that is all I need.  This surgeon put a double loomen into my chest.  As I calmly inquired about this (as if). He said, 'Well we were out of single loomens'.

Hey bitch, fuck you.

At no point did they ask me if that was okay.  At no point did they call my doctor.  At no point did they stop to think that I am paying for all of my meds out of pocket.  Another loomen means that I need double of everything.  Its not like running to Kroger and picking up some extra advil.  So I am upset.  Sorry for the use of the f word.  Sorry for the anger.

Yesterday this surgeon created unnecessary pain for me.  The surgeon before him created unnecessary pain for me as well.  A gun man created a ton of unnecessary pain for countless people.

Maybe we can all be a little bit more kind to others today...

Most importantly, thank you Bengals.  The only just thing that happened yesterday was the Steelers sucking it.

Okay....kindness starts now.


No comments:

Post a Comment