Monday, September 16, 2013

I've never flashed this many people during a football game

Having a line in your chest is just like breastfeeding.  You are constantly whipping a boob out.  Yet it happens in such a way that no one wants to see it.

Since my line was moved to my chest I can do all of my meds myself.  Yesterday I put the saline in, and the blood began to come out.  I calmly began calling for my parents.  They were of course attempting to move a freezer from the barn.  So I walk outside with my chest exposed, saline attached, and blood pouring out of my bandage.

After a fabulous friend helped us trouble shoot via the phone we determined this was a bigger problem.  We went to the ER which was a much better experience this go around.  Mainly because if I can lie there and watch football I am much happier.  Denver may have saved a few lives because this was a painful evening.

Each nurse, doctor, surgeon, resident felt compelled to do a push pull test.  In which they push saline then pull back on the line and draw blood.  More commonly known as the fuck you test.  I have a hub stitched into my chest.  Each time they did this they pulled the hub out of my skin and pushed it back in.  To a point that my vein began visually popping out of my chest.

They didn't take the line out in the ER.  Instead they put an IV in my arm.  I go back to surgery today for a really fun time.  Apparently they will use a wire to 'explore' and 'trouble shoot'.  I have a feeling this is a sequel to the push pull test.

Still feeling amazing, productive, and most importantly like myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment