Sunday, April 21, 2013

Toes


Lyme disease rears its ugly head in many different ways.  One of the most annoying/gross ways for me is what it does to my toes.  I am on quite the dose of blood thinners to improve my circulation, apparently Lyme disease has caused my blood to be thick.  At least 5 times a day my toes swell and turn multi-color as seen here, and yes I do see the irony in my nail color choice.

For the first month of treatment weird things would happen to my body.  Some went away and some stuck around.  But these damn nasty ass toes just don't seem to want to leave me.

Why am I grossing everyone out you may ask?  I found a solution!  So to all of you with Lyme disease who were hanging your feet in shame - get a pedicure!  Some of you who know me well may think this is just a ploy since I love my mani/pedi time.  But there is science behind this.  The best way to kill Lyme is heat.  This is problematic for me since every time I am in heat I pass out.  However, a pedicure is localized heat and massage to get the blood flowing and kill the Lyme.  The hot stones, warm foot bath, and sugar scrub are my solution.

Simply look at the difference:

My toes will be gross again tomorrow, but the reprieve from the gross and the pain is well worth the cost.  More accurately - thanks for the gift card mom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment