Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The importance of zippers

Pre-Lyme the most important zipper in my life was the one that kept my mouth shut.  I may be a bit of a smart ass, and sometimes sarcastic...

Today, a new zipper was important.  Twice a week I give myself B-12 injections into my thigh.  Every now and again I hit a small vein and have blood spurt out.  Today was one of those days.  Whenever that happens my leg is quite sore, making walking difficult.

As I hobbled up the stairs to work I greeted the students for the last time.  We had our moment of witty banter, and then I plopped down in my desk chair.  I was instantly reminded of why I hadn't worn these pants in months.  The zipper is busted.  You can zip it up and zip it down but regardless your fly is open.

Happy last day, and here is to going onto disability with style.


1 comment: