Thursday, April 25, 2013

Dry Heaving

Most of us don't know what type of sick people we will be until we are sick.  I, on the other hand knew damn well what type of sick person I would be.  I don't mean the person I am around others or at work.  Rather, I mean the sick person I am alone or around family.  I am painstakingly aware of how pathetic I become when I am sick.

I first got sick with Lyme the same day that my new group of interns started.  I had gone to the gym then biked into work.  As I drank my fruit smoothie I started to get a headache.  I don't get headaches.  Within 10minutes I was on my hands and knees crawling to a trash can to puke.  As my co-worker was holding my hair back the receptionist walked in to tell me my interns were in the lobby. I asked for a piece of gum.  Straightened my dress.  Stopped by the bathroom to drop off my puke bucket, and then walked into the lobby and welcomed the interns.

Despite having to lay under my desk for 30 minutes and my Executive Director getting me soup I think I held it together quite well.  For this Thursday Throwback here is the type of sick person I am at heart. *Apologies - I drop the F bomb twice, and don't know how to bleep it out.  Sincerely, Sailor Sadie*


No comments:

Post a Comment