Thursday, October 10, 2013

How will you know you are okay?


This whole non-sense of having a disease with no answers doesn't work for me.  Since I am (fingers crossed) feeling better and in desperate need of projects I decided to problem solve.  Using none other than my critical thinking skills.  Bam.

Stage 1: Completed! I didn't immediately get sick after stopping the IV.  In fact I feel amazing, full of energy, wisdom, and wit.  This is a good indicator.

Stage 2: October 20th is 2 weeks post IV removal.  A lot of Lyme patients will crash around 2 weeks post PICC removal.  This will be a big milestone in my lil head.  As in 75% positive I can go full steam ahead.

Stage 3: November 3rd is 1 month post IV removal.  Lyme has a 4 week lifecycle.  If after a month of no IV I am still going strong, well than watch out world, Sadie is back!  

None of this is via a doctor.  But real talk - none of this has been via a doctor.  I knew I needed an IV and found a doctor to put a prescription in.  Fact.

People often ask me how I am feeling.  Despite being a social worker at heart I do know how to be objective about my feelings.  What better tool than Excel to help me chart this for you.

Daily Life Task (DLT)
Able to complete
Shower
100%
Clean
100%
Cook
100%
Exercise
100%
Drive
100%
Shop (thrifting is grueling)
100%
Work Full-time
25%
Work a 2nd job
25%
Happy Hour 2-4 nights a week
50%
Go out dancing
25%
Grocery Shop
100%
Run errands
100%
Date
25%
Travel
25%
Volunteer
100%
Ability to kick ass
71.67%
As the saying goes, 'Where there is will there is a way'.  I strongly and deeply desire to have a job, dance, and travel.  My will is a force to be reckoned with so it at least equals 25%!  

No comments:

Post a Comment