Monday, June 17, 2013

2 weeks, 14 days, 336 hours

Yes, to figure out how many hours are in two weeks I used a calculator.

It has officially been 2 weeks since starting my 3rd round of new meds.  It has been 14 days of increased headaches and irritability.  It has been 336 hours of no sugar.

I have never ever in my life gone more than a few days without sugar.  Not even when living in a third world country.  After all that shit is in everything.  This is the point when you shouldn't feel bad for me, but rather those who have to be around me.

Last night for fathers day my sister brought over my favorite cherry pie.  Mom got out the good ice cream.  My niece wanted to sit on my lap and eat her dessert.  For those of you who don't eat with small children much, half of their food ends up on you.

She dropped ice cream on my hand.  I looked at my brother.  I looked at my mom.  Then I stood up and said, 'Someone needs to take her away'.

I love my niece.  I would take a bullet for her.  But I will not hold her while she eats dessert.  Fact.

Correlation or causation that is the question.  Could be the meds or could be the lack of sugar causing the irritability.  In this household we refer to it as PMS on crack.  However, it is clear that the new meds bring new side effects.

In April I began to have chest pains.  They started while I was still working.  It was resume day.  There were a lot of people in a small room.  I began to feel like I was going to drop so I casually tried to walk out of the classroom to get some water.  Half way to my desk it began to feel like someone was stabbing me.  I got another staff person to assist my students and got in my car.  I fully realize how dumb it is to drive, but in that moment I wanted and needed to be home.  Well probably a hospital - apples and oranges.

The chest pains had lessened in May, but these new meds have brought them back with a vengeance.  Maybe if I start eating sugar again they will go away?   

No comments:

Post a Comment