Thursday, June 13, 2013

Being covered in warm jelly and other uncomfortable experiences

This morning I had an ultrasound.  Apparently when your liver numbers are up for 3 months doctors worry.  I figured that an ultrasound would be an easy test.  Lay back, take a little snooze, have someone rub my belly, and head home.  Very cat like.  Oh no...that wasn't the case at all.

They jab that sucker into your rib cage.  Have you take a deep breath.  Then break your rib.  Well that is how it felt.  The first nurse told me she finished the test and would be right back....never what you want to hear.  She comes back with another nurse.  The second nurse jabs my side to check things out.

This nurse, in an attempt to chat, begins to comment on my weight.  This always perplexes me.  How come people find it appropriate to comment on someones weight?  In general, people have enough tact to not say someone is fat.  My hypothesis is that people think they can comment on someone being skinny, because they think it is a compliment.

Well nurse, I don't like having the body of a 12 year old girl.

My liver is seemingly okay, but my kidney is suspicious.  The nurse thinks its probably just a genetic abnormality.  I'll be sure to feature that on my match.com profile.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the tip. Can't wait to watch the entire film. Have you seen this one? https://vimeo.com/65479794

    ReplyDelete