Sunday, June 23, 2013

The age old question: Which came first the pain or the shoes?


How often do you replace your gym shoes?  I have always been told to replace them every 6 months.                                                                    Yea right.  Don't get me wrong I love shoes.  Particularly high heels.  There have even been gym shoes that I have liked, as pictured.  However, I have never spent more than $50 on any pair of shoes.  This is where you can blame my mother.  Frugality is the backbone of my DNA.


My whole walking to the post office hit a road block.  Not due to a tractor accident or running into too many crazy people.  But rather my right knee.  Not the left knee.  Only the right one.  For the past 3 days my knee has been hating me.  It isn't swollen.  It doesn't seem to be inflamed.  Yet it has been the worst pain I have had this entire disease filled year.

The moment the doctor told me that I would most likely be sick for 9 months.  Once again let me be clear - I am not pregnant.  I told the doctor - NO pain pills.  I am not concerned about long term antibiotic effects, but rather becoming addicted to pain killers.  I have found some natural remedies that help with the pain.  But outside of that I have simply dealt with the pain.

The knee did me in.  I am popping pain pills left and right.  Addiction Smadiction...

Some may say that wearing 2 year old gym shoes could be the problem.  Valid.  Some may say this is residual injury from my bike accident in January.  Valid.  Some may say I am simply growing old.  Valid.

I believe the true reason for the pain is that after 20 days of no sugar my body is revolting.  I bet if I had a piece of cake the pain would go away.

1 comment: