Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Ding dong DOMA's dead, and this baby is alive!

My brother and sister-in-law welcomed this little bundle of joy into the world very early this morning.  This is the first time I have ever met one of my nieces or nephews on the day of their birth!  I am usually in a far distant land.  The silver lining of this disease is that I was able to see this bruised lil babe only a few short hours after he emerged.

Yesterday was difficult emotionally accepting I still can't go back to work.  Today I have had an immense amount of pain.  And it is really easy to only think about this illness and all the pain and suffering and heartache that comes with it.

But not today.  Today this lil nugget arrived safe and sound.  Despite his umbilical cord wrapping around his neck causing him to look even more like an alien.  Not only that but he can marry anyone he likes.

DOMA is dead and love is alive.

So thanks lil man.  And thanks SCOTUS.  Perspective is a wonderful thing.  

2 comments: