Friday, May 10, 2013

Animals, and other things I dislike

I don’t like animals.  I want them to be healthy, happy, and loved.  But I do not want to be the person who does it.  There are no major life tragedies that have made me this way.  I am not afraid of animals.  I would just prefer them never to be in my personal space.  Which is how I feel about a lot of people.  No, I am not autistic.  My mom teaches special education.  Trust and believe I have been tested.

Judge all you would like.  I know this is a deal breaker.  I tell each guy on the first date, or at least by the third.  My students loved to joke about this.  They drew cats on the white board in my class constantly.  In fact when telling them I was sick – I said it wasn’t serious I just wanted to move in with my parents to be closer to animals.

My parents have a dog, Duke.  He is brown.  My brother has a dog, Bear.  He is a Rottweiler.  My brother loves his dog more than me.  Duke is a new dog so I still reign supreme.

Since moving out 10 years ago I have made no effort with the family animals.  I was only ever around for a week at a time.  This stay is different.

Today, I pet Bear.  Then he licked me so that experiment ended abruptly.  Yesterday, I pet Duke.  Today he dropped chewed up paper on me.  I yelled at him and told him his breathe smelled like ass.  Which is true since he insists on stuffing his nose in everyone’s ass.  

As with any relationship it takes time to adjust.  But for the first time in my adult life I am making an effort to live in harmony with animals.  Maybe I'm dying?

Also, ‘Saunaing with Sadie’ is going to become a regular feature!  If you have a question or issue you would like me to discuss from the sauna leave it in the comment section below. 

2 comments:

  1. what is the temperature inside the sauna?
    warmly,
    john

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am at 120F but it can reach up to 149F

    ReplyDelete