Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Why doctors should take social work classes

This week I have spent a lot of time with doctors.  Hence fewer posts.  My aunt once told me she knows when I am sick: I am quiet.  She was validated in that statement since I proceeded to jump out of her car and puke profusely.

Here are some of the top comments to support my suggestion:

1.  Are you suicidal?  No, should I be?
Listen doc, lets ease into this question.  Perhaps start with the depression scale.  Ask me the 8 indicators to deduce if indeed I am depressed.  If so, lets then move on to questions such as: do you have thoughts of harming yourself.  If so, then follow it up with asking if I have a way to accomplish such a task.

That question made me feel like I am so sick I should be suicidal.  So thanks for that.

2.  Wow, that can't be right - lets re-do that test.  No, I guess it was right.  Wow.
Keep that shit to yourself.  It doesn't put me at ease.  Which is the goal in case you forgot.  Try lying.  How hard is it to give me a quick - shoot I lost count?  Or simply don't say anything.  

3.  Try not to make your O face when you get jonzed that I have a perplexing disease ravaging my body.
I watch Grey's Anatomy - I get it.  This is what you live for.  You are used to seeing the common cold. But today you got to bust out the Echo test and put sticky things all over my body.  Sorry, the test came back normal.  Next time try not to be visibly sad.

You're Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment