Sunday, May 19, 2013

Self-care and diva spirits

Lyme disease isn't my first dance at the 'Bad shit happens' rodeo.  So going into this battle I knew that one thing above all else would be important: self-care.

Being around good people is one way to instantly lift my spirits.  Since I have been home I have had family and friends come over almost every day.  Granted I'm not the wonderful company I typically am, I still try to hold my own.  I am so very thankful for my visitors, but I am only able to last for about an hour.  Thats what she said.

Shopping instantly lifts my diva spirits. My favorite store EVER is Clothes Mentor.  I see no reason to pay full price for anything.  Ever.  This past Christmas I was only home for a few days.  Of course there was a blizzard on my last day to get to the store.  My mom and I showed up as they were closing the store due to weather.  I literally begged them to let me shop.  They did, which furthered my love for them.

Everyone tells me I need to stay positive.  Fine.  But in order to do that I need one self-care activity a week.  Last week was people so this week was shopping.  I was instantly drawn to these beautiful pumps (for $15!).  I also snagged a trench coat for $10. Everyone needs a good trench coat :)  I snagged a Banana Republic chambray shirt for $12.  Once in junior high I wore a chambray shirt over top of a turtle neck.  I am glad they are making a comeback; however, this time I think I will opt to pair it with high waisted shorts.

I may have to roll over and inject a needle into my ass today, but one day I am going to fiercely rock my new outfits.  And that, dear friends, is going to be a sight to see.

1 comment: