Monday, May 27, 2013

Hey thanks

On this weekend of thanking the wonderful women and men for their service.  See how I flipped men and women there?  Feminism.  I am reminded of the importance of thanking those that have helped us get to where we are.

I am very thankful for the freedom I have in writing and expressing my thoughts with out fear of being beaten or jailed.  Cough cough Zimbabwe.  Thanks to those who put their lives in danger to protect that.

When I was old enough to know better, but didn't, my aunt made me a quilt.  It was gorgeous and must have taken a long time.  I never sent her a thank you card.  As Stefanie Tanner would say, 'how rude'.

I would like to think that since then, I have been much better.  Well, until now.  I figure that if people who get married have a year to send thank you cards, a disease buys me at least have 6 months.

Thanks to those of you who have sent presents, cards, and love.  They mean the world to me. You make my Lyme sky blue.  And I promise those thank you cards will get to you one day soon.

Heading in for an MRI and EKG this week.  Like how I just casually drop that at the end?  Me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment