Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Critical Thinking

Yesterday one of my students tipped me off that this blog was sent out to all my students.  Knowing this information I thought I would welcome each of them to the blog!  Miss you like crazy.

I taught a variety of things, but critical thinking was the most important.  As well as educating them on the wonder known as the Bengals.  So today I will share some critical thinking opportunities provided by Ohio!

1. The facts: Over the 4th 11 people were killed in Chicago and 67  were shot.  My father claimed that if Chicago had a conceal and carry law the murder rate would decrease.  Go guns.  Which makes sense since most violence is gang related.  And most people who are in a gang register their guns and obtain a conceal and carry license.

Not.  This claim doesn't take into account economic factors nor the deteriorating school system.  The problem is bigger than guns.  (All of my lovely Republican readers - please leave your rebuttal in the comment section.)

2. My dad loves to wear a Bush Cheney hat.  He makes a big production of putting the hat on if I am in ear shot.  My niece and nephew love to repeat things.  I told them the hat is full of poop and if they see Buba (my dad) wearing the hat they should say 'EWWWW'.  I used their lack of critical thinking skills to manipulate them.  Bam!

My niece and nephew were lucky.  I provided them with true and valid information.  Arm yourselves with critical thinking.  For you may not be as lucky as my niece and nephew.

#sarcasm

9 comments:

  1. Wow even on vacation your still trying to teaching us something. Thanks for the lesson sadie. Your blog is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. T! If you think this is a vacation we need to revisit critical thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See what happens when your not around to teach. Its crazy here I tell ya!!!

      Delete
  3. Sorry for the lack of notice and a very fierce snail mail is coming your way...

    Fierce as in I can't write in Strait lines, because I'm creative... ly gay.

    Oh and tell your dad I'm getting a gun as soon as possible so that less crimes are committed toasts me or in my vacinity. Thanks education!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Which makes sense since most violence is gang related. And most people who are in a gang register their guns and obtain a conceal and carry license."

    Would this not apply to stricter gun laws as well, since the poeple commiting the crimes do not follow those laws?

    Hey Sadie, I hope everything is going well and you make a swift recovery, dont take any BS from that gubment this is murica. lol, seriously though I hope you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done sir. Yes that argument would apply to stricter gun laws. Personally in that situation I would use the argument of better and safer school and more economic equality. However, I still do believe stricter gun laws are necessary. For example in Canada everyone must undergo a background check and their husband/wife must sign a waiver. This is done to prevent domestic violence.

      What constitutional amendment or law gives people the perception a background check is illegal and harsh?

      Delete
    2. Well my point is the area in question already has very strict laws that are doing little to help the situation. I'm not saying I think anyone should be able to walk into a 7-11 and buy a gun. I just think the governments time and money could be better spent more effectively in other ways that would have more of an effect on this situation.

      I think breaking up the cycle of violence and poverty starts with the people involved not guns. I think that while background checks are important for new purchases, A CPL should be enough for buying used.

      Delete
  5. Yee to critical thinking!!!

    Fuck that doctor and all the ones before em!!Your heart and passion will cure you Sadie! Your too dope to stay like this, its destiny you get better and go super saiyan! :)

    Fuck those punks tho...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which of my beloved students is dropen F bombs on my blog?

      Delete