Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ain't nobody got time for that

Healthcare.  Insurance.  Headaches.

Remember the doctor who told me Lyme isn't real and I should just get better?  You know, the one with bugs crawling on the floor.  Shockingly all of my test he did came back negative.  I don't have Lupus, MS, or RA.  He left me a message informing me that I have arthritis, despite the blood test saying I don't.

Which is totally understandable.  I am making up that I feel like death.  I secretly just wanted to lose my job, independence, body, friends, and move in with my parents.  It was the best step to further my career goals.

The only positive test result I have had through this entire ordeal has been for Lyme Disease.  Fact.  Yet every main stream doctor I have seen has said I don't have Lyme.  Ain't nobody got time for that.

My next battle is with access to care and insurance.  Despite my doctor saying that I need a PICC line to get better and beat this disease - I may not get it.  First, the agency that my doctor uses for the IV antibiotics has to agree to treat me in Ohio.  Second, my insurance company has to agree to cover the surgery and treatment.  Third, a doctor in Ohio has to agree to oversee my treatment.

Cross your fingers folks!




No comments:

Post a Comment