Tuesday, July 2, 2013

6 month reflection

After 3 dates if I don't see boyfriend potential I end things.  By 2 months if I don't see long term potential I end things.  Needless to say I have a significant amount of relationships that are 2 months.

Time matters.  I am a very time oriented person.  I am a driven planner, which means that if something isn't working I change things up.  Try a different approach.

The past week or so I have been knocked off my game.  No walks to the post office.  No cards.  And way too much feeling sorry for myself.  The pain got the best of me.  I curled up and had a pity party.  It has also been a time of receiving.  Someone out there signed me up for a trashy magazine that arrived!  Cards and notes from friends.  A wonderful present of a beautiful scarf and earrings.  And calls and emails.

Thank you.  More than you know you helped me through a tough time.

I have now been sick for 6 months.  I haven't had alcohol for 5 months, sans 2 glasses on my birthday.  I haven't had sugar for a month.  I haven't had gluten for 3 months.  Yet, looking back I would never have sugar again if it meant I could go out dancing.  I would forgo bread if I could ride my bike.  I would give up alcohol to work.  Scratch that.  Let's compromise on no alcohol during the week.  Homeslice needs her red wine.

Some days I handle this disease with grace and class.  Some days I don't.  I guess I'll raise my water bottle to the continued daily trying.  Thanks to those of you who make that trying easier.

1 comment:

  1. Phew. I got worried when you said you'd give up alcohol to work. I thought you were delirious!

    ReplyDelete