Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It's so hard to say goodbye...Until you learn to play the banjo!

I have been racking my brain to figure out just how to say goodbye to my students.  Sure we can Skype and I can say how much I will miss them and how proud I am of their accomplishments.  Lame.  But thanks to the Bachelorette I can now offer a proper goodbye.

You may not know this, probably because you have a life and can go out in public and talk to others, but this season of the Bachelorette is coming to a close.  The participants of this show are constantly writing poetry and singing songs.  Last night as the 'Men told all', it hit me.

I will write a song to say goodbye to my students.  By this point my pain pills were really kicking in and I decided to add in a banjo.  You will be shocked, but I literally just picked up the banjo and played this song.  No practice.  No rehearsal.  Nor have I ever had a singing lesson.  Natural talent.





1 comment:

  1. LOL... that was a great song. All your missing is a cat playing a piano to make it a #1 hit single.

    By the way, your an amazing teacher.

    ReplyDelete