Friday, July 19, 2013

The age old question: which came first the viagara or the morphine?

My parents were winding down their evening.  There was a loud bang outside, but they figured a neighbors engine dropped.  I know that is always what I think when I hear a loud scary noise.

Our neighbor was banging on my parents door screaming for someone to call 911 and come quick.  By the time my parents got outside the passenger, lets call her Freida, had opened the door and began rolling in the grass screaming for help.

There is a sharp bend in the road 30 ft before my parents house.  The car obviously took the turn too fast.  They drove through the yard, into the ditch, and finally the car bounced up and was stopped by the tree.

Thankfully a nurse was driving a few cars behind the accident.  She stopped and began triage.  The driver wasn't moving and wasn't saying anything.  The nurse attended to the driver and began giving orders for Freida, who at this point had begun pacing in the front yard.  Freida had white powder coming out of her nose.  Yes, we thought coke as well.  But let us all be educated.  Some air bags leave a white powder residue.  Once Freida was laying down my mom asked her where she was having pain.  As she lifted up her tank top it was clear the injuries were more than initially anticipated.  The seatbelt had clearly left a streak of bloody abrasions across her body.


Help arrived to transport them to the hospital.  The police officer on the scene began tearing the car apart.  Since this is the country it was no big deal that my dad and I were also going through the contents of the car.  After all my car is also a Honda Civic so we debated taking the tires off since the driver appeared to have no insurance to cover the damage to my parents yard or tree.  Ah county justice.

There were boxes in the trunk of sanitary pads and soap.  The car had a large amount of trash, freshly purchased KFC that exploded. morphine, and viagara.  Freida casually mentioned that she was recently at the hospital.  So what do you think caused the accident?  The age old question: which came first the viagara or the morphine?


No comments:

Post a Comment