Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Opinions are like ass holes

For the past 3 months I have blindly trusted my doctor.  I wasn't ready for anything else.  There were a few people who couldn't understand that.  It's not that I thought my doctor was the best.  More so that I was still working, alone in a new city, attempting to cope with the realization I was sick, and the debilitating fear of adding something else to my plate.

After being at my parents for a week I am finally ready to consider a second opinion.  I hate having a disease that has NO course of treatment.  Hate it.  I trusted my doctor because I needed to.  The majority of doctors in this country don't believe my disease is real.  Finding one that does believe me was the first hurdle.  I am now ready to get a second opinon on if this treatment is actually going to help.

Initially I told myself that if I stopped working the treatment would work.  I still hope for that.  But the practical and intelligent part of me is coming back to life.  It is time to accept the fact that I have been sick for almost half a year and show no signs of improving.

Who do I believe?  Who do I trust to care for me so that I don't develop seizures?  What doctor is telling the truth?  I don't have answers.  But I have a renewed sense of finding these answers.  Hell hath no fury like a woman debilitated by a disease!

If you know of anyone with Lyme disease who has gotten better I would love their doctors information.  I am officially ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment