Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The skinniest fat girl

As I sat across from the doctor saying I lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks he blankly stared at me with a 'so what' look.  Sometimes I think going to the doctor is very similar to a bad date.

Did my doctor just call me fat?  No, of course not.  But he did imply it wouldn't hurt me to drop a few pounds.  Keep in mind he is about 6'3 and 150.  He asked me what my healthy weight was.  Isn't that what I pay him to tell me?

Once during finals in grad school I was drinking a giant fountain pop and eating a panini in the library. A then friend of mine came over and said 'Oh my gosh - do you know how many calories are in that?  You shouldn't eat that'

My response was less than classy: 'Bitch please - I have 5 BMI points till I am overweight.'  I may or may not have added in, 'You on the other hand....'  Don't give it out if you aren't ready to take it.  Fact.

Besides my doctor here are the top three events that are making me feel like the skinniest fat girl:

1. I officially made a dent in my couch.

2. My physical therapist told me she is training me as if I was an obese person working out for the first time.

3. I get winded and have chest pains when walking up stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment