Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Aunt Sadie, Here is your card. Liam

Direct.  There was no ambiguity with this beautiful card.  
My SIL did the top one.  She's getting pretty
damn good with those water colors!

My grandfather died the day before I was born and my other grandfather about a year or so later.  I was always told how I helped them with their illness.  Listen, it wasn't because I was cute.  Real talk I was bald and fat until I was 2.  I looked like one of those babies who ate their twin in utero.  But apparently I had my smile and laughter back then.  Up until yesterday this had just been a sweet story that my grandmas told me.  

Revolt.  There is nothing non-violent about what my body is currently doing post surgery.  I just got 3 new meds from the pharmacy to help control this mess. This had to stop, at the very least mentally.  It is necessary to prevent getting lost in the sadness of it all, ie the never ending pain and lack of answers or solutions.  

My brothers and their wives love to pro-create.  Their little ones single handedly pulled my ass out of bed and put a smile on my face yesterday.  I walked one block down the street to see my SIL and the kids.  As I hobbled into the door my niece's face lit up and she screamed my name.  Yesterday, I finally understood what my grandma had told me so many years ago.  Their little faces lighting up, smiling, and charging at me when I walk in the door makes Lyme disease melt away.  Beautiful cards in the mail.  Hugs, kisses, rainbows, sunshine, unicorns.  I am biased, but they are the cutest lil ones out there.  Intelligent, sassy, and full of endless potential.

That was beautiful wasn't it?  Here is the rest of the truth.  My aunt and uncle are in town from Montana!  My mom invited my other brother and his 3 kids to come into town for the weekend to visit.  Yes, that would be the same weekend I had surgery.  No, you can't come.  Lyme disease may melt away.  But ya know what brings that bitch back?  Loud noises.  Do you know who is loud?  Children. 

One day hopefully sooner than later - I will be better.  On that day I will scream and dance and wrestle and hold and toss them in the air again.  And later on I will tell them how their lil love helped me through a yucky time.  All while hoping they never gain a full understanding of what crazy aunt Sadie means.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment