Thursday, August 8, 2013

"We don't have to tell you if it is covered until after you have the surgery since it is an outpatient procedure."

Behold the flow of doctors:
 Doctor in NYC -> General doc in Ohio -> Surgeon -> Radiologist.

Yesterday was a cluster fuck.  I know I am out of shape and not looking my finest but there isn't a doctor in the state of Ohio that wants to touch me.  The surgeon said I needed a port instead of picc line, but the doc in NYC only wants the picc line.  Let the problems begin.

PICC lines are beneath the surgeon so she said I had to go to the radiology department.  They refused me.  Said surgeon then pulled rank over someone.  Tomorrow at 10am someone who was anti-operating on me is going to cut into my arm and put a tube to my heat.

I am afraid to piss a waitress off on the off chance she will mess with my food.  You can imagine my fear now that this surgeon is annoyed already.

I wasn't upset yesterday that things keep changing.  Rather, I was pissed off that I just spent $700 on IV meds that expire in 14 days.  If these people delay my surgery I loose out on that money.  What can I say I am materialistic.  Thankfully the shit just got scheduled.  10am tomorrow.

Next cluster fuck: Insurance isn't going to tell me shit.  Their exact response: "We don't have to tell you if it is covered until after you have the surgery since it is an outpatient procedure."  They have been so ridiculous the hospital and surgeons office have called on my behalf to look for answers.  The base cost just for me to be in the room tomorrow is $2,000.  That doesn't include the surgeon or anesthesia.

The hospital also said that they can't tell me the exact amount since it all depends on the choices the surgeon makes.  Fuck that.  I may forgo anesthesia and self-medicating simply to assist the surgeon in making the least expensive choice every time.  Bringing the thrift store to the hospital.  Rep.  That hospital gown costs $20?  Nah I'll just lie naked on the table.  What's the next thing you are charging me for?




No comments:

Post a Comment